Caring for Your Product
Here you can find a summarized care guide for each of our products. Make sure to note that some products have special instructions for their use and care. Although all care instructions are always included in each product description, those products requiring special attention will be highlighted below.
- To clean the product you can gently wipe or pat the surface with a dry microfiber cloth.
- When using our products as planters, we recommend selecting low maintenance plants that require little water such as cactuses, succulents, and sansevierias, to name a few.
Instructions: Fill the oil lamp with oil. Be careful to avoid overfilling. Before ignition, dip the wick completely in the oil for about a minute or two. Insert the wick into the product, allowing it to extend to about 1/8" from the oil lamp. Finally, light and enjoy!
Our oil lamps are coated with a nanotechnology-based oil repellent sealer to ensure minimum absorption of oil into the product. However, as our products are composed of a sustainable material you should always follow our guidelines below to ensure each product's proper care:
- In order to ensure proper use as well as product longevity, after each use, you should empty any remaining oil from the product and pat dry with a microfiber cloth. This will prevent the oil lamp from absorbing any excess oil.
- Trim the wick between burns.
- Never leave an ignited oil lamp unattended.
This candle holder fits tapered candles with a diameter of ± 7/8".
- Never force a candle into the candle holder as this may damage the product. If necessary, you can shave off any excess wax in order to ensure a proper fit.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended.
Mortar + Pestle
- To clean the wood mortar top, you can gently wash with water and mild dish washing soap. Dry thoroughly before attaching it to the base.
- To clean the base of the mortar made out of our plantain and coffee waste composite you can gently wipe or pat the surface with a dry microfiber cloth. Do not use water, soap or detergent.
- Like any wood product, over time it may naturally age a little in color. You can always spruce it back up to its original rich color by applying a small portion of food safe mineral oil or coconut oil with a microfiber cloth.